MEETINGS LOGISTICS CHECKLIST
· Central/Easy access
· Reasonably priced
§ Facilities, for example, cuisine, utensils rental for most part simple to organize.
§ Cost may be lower.
§ Scheduling dependent on school year cycle.
§ Food service on campus may be available for your use.
· Corporations/Associations/Engineering Firms
§ Businesses with huge gathering rooms might be a decent hotspot for meetings.
§ Offer an ease elective.
· Community Centers/Convention Centers
§ These differ with area and size, expenses and administrations
Meeting Facility Requirements:
· Ensure there is enough room to put up your session.
· Allow additional space for registration, onsite enrollment and systems administration.
· Theater seating may be function admirably for a lecture style presentation; however, an interactive workshop may require classroom seating, boardroom, panel discussions need head table, etc.
· Are there hookups for any technology you need?
· If someone is participating by conference call, is there a speakerphone in the room.
· Need an Internet hookup, ensure there is one available.
Audio Visual & Technology Requirements:
Microphone: Do you require a microphone for your speaker or microphones for addressee’s questions?
Computer, data projector, screen: Will you need a PC and data projector and screen for the presentation. Is the speaker bringing that equipment, or are you responsible for providing that?
Speakerphone: Is a speakerphone required? Ensure there is a phone line and phone in the room.
Tech support: If you are using the hotel to provide your equipment, do they have technical support on staff? If not, who will supply that assistance and for what cost.
Internet hook-up: Ensure you have the speed you require, and your PC has the proper hardware and software to attach.
Food & Beverage:
If you have booked the hotel than it will be easy for you to arrange food because you can book it with catering services.
If you are meeting online, you can book services from online food providers so at same time all the members can get food at their respective places.
If you tie-up with food chain or multi cuisine restaurants it will be cost effective.
Ø It will depend on the participants where they are coming from and will they stay overnight? If so what are you expected to provide.
If you are going to conduct meeting at some hotel than it will be beneficial to book a room in the same hotel, so it will be lot cheaper and convenient for the participants to reach at meeting hall.
If you are going to conduct meeting at other place than at hotel so you have to search for near by hotel from the meeting place and also you have to check for the price.
Have backup plans in the event of
Ø Speaker cancellation, illness, or lateness
Ø Equipment failure
Ø Schedule changes